Shotgun class

Offered Training Courses

Shotgun class

Post Number:#1  Postby wiglock9 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:10 pm

I just took an intro to shotgun class (finally!!) at the Wisconsin Firearms Training Center...12730 WEST BURLEIGH ROAD, BROOKFIELD, WISCONSIN 53005. 262-226-2900
It was their first shotgun class and there were only 3 of us and it was 3.5 hrs long. We covered everything from different ammo types, accessories, stance, and everything in between. We got to shoot birdshoot, buck shot and slugs too. We had the whole range to ourselves :-D If you guys have shotguns and don't get to shoot much this might be a good class to take. I'm hoping they will have a pt 2 but there isn't much interest in shotguns these days....thanks to the AR-15 :g: but I'm going to take this class again when they offer it.
http://www.wifirearms.com/
Member...GOA-Life, NRA, WCI, USCCA
wiglock9
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Shotgun class

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: Shotgun class

Post Number:#2  Postby RobertS » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:17 pm

How long have they existed? Their webpage talks about Black Friday and says Glocks on sale for sunday.
Random avatar
RobertS
Sniper
Sniper

Post Number:#3  Postby Tomahawk » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:24 am

Color me interested. I see they also offer defensive handgun classes and plan on having defensive AR rifle classes.
There's isn't enough crime to warrant a person owning/carrying a firearm, but there is so much "gun crime" that we need to enact strict gun control. Which is it? Is there a lot of violent crime or isn't there? If there is, that seems like a good reason to need a gun for protection, if there isn't, they why do we need to ban firearms?
Tomahawk
Range Master
Range Master

Post Number:#4  Postby Reality_Czech » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:32 pm

It's a shame there isn't more interest. The shotgun is one heck of a weapon.
"Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
Reality_Czech
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#5  Postby wiglock9 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:40 pm

RobertS wrote:How long have they existed? Their webpage talks about Black Friday and says Glocks on sale for sunday.

They opened last November and I hate to say it but all 3 times I've been there, there has been no one there, on the range or shopping. I hope people patronize them because I need a place to train :-D
wiglock9
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#6  Postby RobertS » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:46 am

wiglock9 wrote:
RobertS wrote:How long have they existed? Their webpage talks about Black Friday and says Glocks on sale for sunday.

They opened last November and I hate to say it but all 3 times I've been there, there has been no one there, on the range or shopping. I hope people patronize them because I need a place to train :-D

Are the competitively priced or expensive? Their range price is the same as everyone who isn't a member.

I may hit them up Friday.
Random avatar
RobertS
Sniper
Sniper

Post Number:#7  Postby wiglock9 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:25 pm

I think they are overpriced...I bought a cleaning kit for my AR and it was $50...also they had a SCAR-17 for $3500 (it's gone now) but on line I saw it for $2800-2900....same for a Mossberg 930...in store was $844...online was $700. Range is nice though. You get to pick your targets and it's really clean.
wiglock9
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#8  Postby RobertS » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:56 pm

Well, I was just there today.

I fired a Sig Sauer P938 and my 5" barrel, 9mm round Walther PPQ.

A woman a few lanes down had a Walther CCP. She was having trouble with the gun. It was jamming all the time. One of the store front guys (Vince) was telling her something, I couldn't hear it all, but I had a feeling they were talking about a CCP. I stepped up and asked them about it, since I've been tracking the gun for about two months now. That gun is problematic and I wanted to see if it got better.

I told her she needed to clean it thoroughly and relube with a light gun oil, which I guess the store guy was telling her. I also looked it over and told her how to tell a newer model from an original release.

Later, I went back up front and talked with Vince some more (Walther fanboy, like me) and ordered a Walther PPS M2.

I like their range. It's computerized and I can set the distance. I was working at 7 yrds, drilling my double taps.
Random avatar
RobertS
Sniper
Sniper

Post Number:#9  Postby wiglock9 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:55 pm

If anyone's interested...they are offering the shotgun class again on March 3rd from 5-9pm and it's only $95. They also have a defensive shotgun 1 class. I'm trying really really hard to make it to that one :)
wiglock9
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#10  Postby RobertS » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:37 am

Reality_Czech wrote:It's a shame there isn't more interest. The shotgun is one heck of a weapon.

I would, but for now, I'm working my handgun skills.

Perhaps in another year, I'll get a Mossberg 500.
Random avatar
RobertS
Sniper
Sniper

Post Number:#11  Postby RobertS » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:07 am

RobertS wrote:
Reality_Czech wrote:It's a shame there isn't more interest. The shotgun is one heck of a weapon.

I would, but for now, I'm working my handgun skills.

Perhaps in another year, I'll get a Mossberg 500.

I'm having trouble getting a gun (Walther PPS M2) through them. It's been a month since I ordered it. I can find it online elsewhere, but this store seems to be low on the list of priorities.
Random avatar
RobertS
Sniper
Sniper

Post Number:#12  Postby ksks » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:47 pm

RobertS wrote: It's been a month since I ordered it.

That ain't right. Do they have your money?

I see Bud's has them in stock.
Consideration of limiting the power of the state, in favor of individual liberty, should be at the core of every law.
Random avatar
ksks
Jedi
Jedi

Post Number:#13  Postby RobertS » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:25 pm

ksks wrote:
RobertS wrote: It's been a month since I ordered it.

That ain't right. Do they have your money?

I see Bud's has them in stock.

They have a $150 down payment.

I'll give two more weeks, then I'm going to politely cancel and ask for my money back. All else fails, still cancel, I'll order online and transfer to them, they can apply the $150 to that.
Random avatar
RobertS
Sniper
Sniper

Post Number:#14  Postby ksks » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:32 pm

Maybe you could email them this page and let them know we are watching to see how this upstart company is panning out.
Consideration of limiting the power of the state, in favor of individual liberty, should be at the core of every law.
Random avatar
ksks
Jedi
Jedi

Post Number:#15  Postby RobertS » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:00 am

ksks wrote:Maybe you could email them this page and let them know we are watching to see how this upstart company is panning out.

I'll call them Monday and ask when is the best day/time to call to see if they got my order in. This is dangerously close to asking when they get their shipments and if I were a gun store owner, I would never give that info out, but I've been waiting too long and I'm entitled, since they have a portion of the money.

I'll also let them know, this problem is getting told around Wisconsin.

Their store is very glitzy and new, but I'm really starting to wonder about their processes.

I'll keep the group posted.
Random avatar
RobertS
Sniper
Sniper

Next

Return to Training Courses