Training for AZ VA permits online - buyer beware

Offered Training Courses

Post Number:#1  Postby TWW » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:28 pm

I got an e-mail with this in it: http://www.sportsmandeals.com/deal/33719/concealed-carry-academy-online-course/all
$34 $97
Buy
65% Off
This course fulfills the training requirements for Virginia and Arizona. Combined, these two state permits allow you to carry concealed weapons in up to 35 states.

The easiest, fastest, and most convenient way to take your concealed carry permit training.

States with reciprocity with this course: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MT, NE, NH, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WV, WI and WY.

I am not sure if this has any value to anyone on this forum but was cheaper than my Utah course. But this course does not help with MN. And again caveat empor or however you say it :) .
It never happens to anyone – until it does.
TWW
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: Training for AZ VA permits online - buyer beware

Post Number:#2  Postby Marc-Wi » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:57 am

I got one too, deleted it. I don't believe Wi will accept an online course, or UT.
i
God save the Republic.
III
Wi Oathkeepers
WIFORCE, life
NRA patron
Random avatar
Marc-Wi
Jedi
Jedi

Post Number:#3  Postby TWW » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:07 am

WI does not accept online training. I passed it along since it looked like a fairly cheap way for someone to get more training even if was a review of what we supposedly learned in the training we got for getting a license. I was tempted to spend the money for that reason but passed. People talk about getting permits from other states so that was another reason I passed it along. The WI license may be enough for AZ but I have no idea about VA.
TWW
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#4  Postby Johannes » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:51 pm

Utah requires a Licensed Utah instructor lead class for all permits.

Arizona will accept a WI Hunter Safety permit for proof of training among other training methods

Both require finger prints, contact AZ for a packet, UT instructor provides documentation packet for UT permit.

Virgina, did at one time allowd on-line permits, but I beleive that these are no longer allowed.

Personally, I think on-line ccw training is not a good idea.
Johannes

Bill of Rights - Void where prohibited by Law
Johannes
Sniper
Sniper

Post Number:#5  Postby TWW » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:48 am

I passed it along since it looked like a fairly cheap way for someone to get more training even if was a review of what we supposedly learned in the training we got for getting a license.

Online may not be the best way to get training but people can get licenses in this state using hunters education or a DD 214 where people like me shot an 'assault weapon' about 100 times and know next to nothing about concealed carry except reading the explanation of the law on the application. Online training may be better than nothing.
TWW
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Return to Training Courses