Updates to WI Carry Infringed Map?

This Is The Map We Use As A Guide For The Forums Below

Post Number:#1  Postby nighthawk » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:01 pm

Hey everyone -

I've noticed a marked decrease in the number of reported posted places. Unfortunately, I know we don't have them all yet :)

Is there still a lot of interest in this map?

I've been using Friend or Foe (http://friendorfoe.us) a lot recently. It covers the whole country and seems to have a lot of posts (it's very quick to add a rating). Have any of you started to use that?

Just want to start some conversation on this...
“I think it’s fair to say that the city government is doing everything we can do mitigate the impact of the new law by adopting various ordinances restricting concealed carry to the greatest possible extent that we can" - Madison Alderman Mike Verveer
nighthawk
Range Master
Range Master

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: Updates to WI Carry Infringed Map?

Post Number:#2  Postby Johannes » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:55 am

I've been using it for over a year now. Nice format (Google maps) and easy to add new locations.

One nice thing is that you can keep track of locations while on road trips across the country and add them to the map once you get home. I have added out of state locations as I run into them. The nation wide listing system also gives me a good idea about places to stop along my route and at my final destination. :bthumb:

I like the positive, neutral, and neg rating system as it give more flexibility to give a true reflection of the location. I nearly always give a neutral (no sign outside) since I don not know if the location is pro-gun or just chooses not to list, but confronts when they know your carrying. :whip:

I have twice run into false listing which states no guns allowed, but I knew for a fact this is not true (darn Anti-gun nuts). The Admin. is good at making corrections when you email him or you can just add your own comment to the location. The Admin. change all Aldi's in WI when sent the updated corporate policy; Aldi's now follows state law. :twothumbsu:
Johannes

Bill of Rights - Void where prohibited by Law
Johannes
Sniper
Sniper

Post Number:#3  Postby acepilot » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:27 am

I use Friend or Foe...

Ace
acepilot
Range Master
Range Master

Post Number:#4  Postby guncheese » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:42 pm

i checked it out and added a couple
as well as had a nice talk about open/cc
at B&G liquor here in Chippewa
and told her that she was already on the "Friends" list
even if she didnt know it :lol:
guncheese
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#5  Postby Edub » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Yeah, I've been slacking on my duties. I've been busy with my new job. Hopefully, I can get some of it updated.
Edub
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Return to Our Map