Map Updates

This Is The Map We Use As A Guide For The Forums Below

Map Updates

Post Number:#1  Postby JerTech » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 am

Nighthawk suggested that we use a special marker to indicate places that have had incidents with armed crime despite being posted. I think it's a great idea, so I took the liberty of adding three of them and using the fire symbol to represent these examples of criminal empowerment. These currently include:

Market Street Diner - Sun Prairie
Aldi - Milwaukee (76th 7 Villard)
Taqueria Los Altos De Jalisco - Milwaukee

As always, the way we do this is open to discussion because it's really a community map. Let us know if you have any other thoughts. Thanks to Nighthawk for his ideas and updates to the map! FYI, the map editors include:

nighthawk
Edub
Mr1911
TheGlockGuy
JerTech

By the way, Nighthawk also offered the idea of using a special marker for businesses that used to be posted but no longer are. (We may have discussed this in the past; can't remember.) My recommendation is that we keep them off the map altogether so someone doesn't accidentally confuse them with posted businesses. Up for discussion, of course.
Last edited by JerTech on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Addd Edub.
Hominem unius libri timeo.
Wisconsin Carry Infringed - An interactive map of Wisconsin's posted locations.
The Second Amendment: Clarity - A treatise on what our right really is.
JerTech
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Map Updates

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: Map Updates

Post Number:#2  Postby GlockGuy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:51 am

JerTech wrote:
By the way, Nighthawk also offered the idea of using a special marker for businesses that used to be posted but no longer are. (We may have discussed this in the past; can't remember.) My recommendation is that we keep them off the map altogether so someone doesn't accidentally confuse them with posted businesses. Up for discussion, of course.

Agreed...
GlockGuy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Number:#3  Postby Mr1911 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:59 am

JerTech wrote:Nighthawk suggested that we use a special marker to indicate places that have had incidents with armed crime despite being posted. I think it's a great idea, so I took the liberty of adding three of them and using the fire symbol to represent these examples of criminal empowerment. These currently include:

Market Street Diner - Sun Prairie
Aldi - Milwaukee (76th 7 Villard)
Taqueria Los Altos De Jalisco - Milwaukee

I like this idea

JerTech wrote:By the way, Nighthawk also offered the idea of using a special marker for businesses that used to be posted but no longer are. (We may have discussed this in the past; can't remember.) My recommendation is that we keep them off the map altogether so someone doesn't accidentally confuse them with posted businesses. Up for discussion, of course.

I agree. It may be confusing for some. I vote to remove a place marker, after confirmation they are no longer posted that is...
M1911 - Proven reliable service for 100 years, and counting...
Senior Moderator

Post Number:#4  Postby griz01 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:01 pm

Past that, I would love to see our "News People" include in their stories if a place was posted!
Last edited by griz01 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
The Problem with finding someone who is smart enough to be the President is they are way too intelligent to run.
Repeal The 12th,16th,17th & 23th Amendments.
Abolish The Gun Control Act, The NFA & The Firearms Owners' Protection Act, et al, as all violate the 2nd Amendment.
Be a radical: read the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence,and the Northwest Ordinance for yourself!
griz01
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#5  Postby JerTech » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:13 pm

griz01 wrote:Past that, I would love to see our "News People" include in their stories is a place was posted!

I just saw a big, fat sow dart past the second-story window. Weird.

Mr1911 wrote:I vote to remove a place marker, after confirmation they are no longer posted that is...

I've already done this once or twice. I always just assumed that's how we would run it. I haven't checked to make sure we nailed them all, though.

On a related note, the map is WAY behind. I think Nighthawk has done the most work with it lately, (thanks again!) but there's still a lot more to be done. If another established member here has the time and energy, let me know.
JerTech
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Number:#6  Postby Mr1911 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:03 pm

JerTech wrote:On a related note, the map is WAY behind. I think Nighthawk has done the most work with it lately, (thanks again!) but there's still a lot more to be done. If another established member here has the time and energy, let me know.

I'll admit I've been slacking for awhile. :oops:

Thanks for your help, NIghthawk
Senior Moderator

Post Number:#7  Postby griz01 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:28 pm

JerTech wrote:
griz01 wrote:Past that, I would love to see our "News People" include in their stories is a place was posted!

I just saw a big, fat sow dart past the second-story window. Weird.

Really!! That's great! now maybe there is a chance :lol:
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
The Problem with finding someone who is smart enough to be the President is they are way too intelligent to run.
Repeal The 12th,16th,17th & 23th Amendments.
Abolish The Gun Control Act, The NFA & The Firearms Owners' Protection Act, et al, as all violate the 2nd Amendment.
Be a radical: read the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence,and the Northwest Ordinance for yourself!
griz01
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#8  Postby Edub » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:29 pm

JerTech wrote:On a related note, the map is WAY behind. I think Nighthawk has done the most work with it lately, (thanks again!) but there's still a lot more to be done. If another established member here has the time and energy, let me know.

I would be happy to help.
Edub
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#9  Postby nighthawk » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:48 pm

You're welcome, everyone! I plan on doing some updating tonight. I think I've become the unofficial SW Wisconsin (read: Madison) editor. I'll be adding a few "fires" tonight too!
“I think it’s fair to say that the city government is doing everything we can do mitigate the impact of the new law by adopting various ordinances restricting concealed carry to the greatest possible extent that we can" - Madison Alderman Mike Verveer
nighthawk
Range Master
Range Master

Post Number:#10  Postby nighthawk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:08 am

OK, I made a few updates to the map. I will fill in the links to the posts describing the signs later. I also took the liberty of adding another icon for locations where a concealed carrier prevented/hindered a crime. So far, I only added the Milwaukee Aldi, though I know there was another event in Milwaukee where someone walking on the sidewalk displayed their gun to a guy in a van - I just need to find a link to that.

Thoughts on the new icon? I don't want to get too many icons on this map, but I think this is a good one to have.
“I think it’s fair to say that the city government is doing everything we can do mitigate the impact of the new law by adopting various ordinances restricting concealed carry to the greatest possible extent that we can" - Madison Alderman Mike Verveer
nighthawk
Range Master
Range Master

Post Number:#11  Postby Edub » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Oshkosh people should notice that our region has been updated. To get the hang of the map editing, I added all the Oshkosh places (and deleted Subway since it isn't posted anymore). I will continue to work on this region and the others. It goes surprisingly quick once you get the hang of it.
Edub
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#12  Postby Edub » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 am

Well, I'm proud to announce that the Northeastern region section is currently all up to date. I'll get working on the other sections tomorrow.
Edub
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#13  Postby JerTech » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:19 am

Awesome! Obviously, Edub has been added to the map team. Thanks, Edub!!

Nighthawk, I'm not sure about adding places where a CCer prevented a crime. My reasoning is that this map is ONLY going to have POSTED places on it because we don't want non-posted businesses to be mistaken for Anti 2A places and lose business. Therefore, the total number of CC defense cannot be represented on this map. Also, most of such places, such as Aldi, will already have the "fire" icon for armed robbery despite signage.

Those are just my thoughts. As always, community input is welcome because this is a community effort.
JerTech
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Number:#14  Postby Mr1911 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:20 am

Edub wrote:Well, I'm proud to announce that the Northeastern region section is currently all up to date. I'll get working on the other sections tomorrow.

Welcome aboard and thank you very much for your help.

JerTech wrote:
Nighthawk, I'm not sure about adding places where a CCer prevented a crime. My reasoning is that this map is ONLY going to have POSTED places on it because we don't want non-posted businesses to be mistaken for Anti 2A places and lose business. Therefore, the total number of CC defense cannot be represented on this map. Also, most of such places, such as Aldi, will already have the "fire" icon for armed robbery despite signage.

Those are just my thoughts. As always, community input is welcome because this is a community effort.

Makes sense to me....
Senior Moderator

Post Number:#15  Postby nighthawk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:47 pm

OK, sounds good to me. I'll remove the one mark that I had.
nighthawk
Range Master
Range Master

Next

Return to Our Map