Posted Businesses- Our Map And Forum

This Is The Map We Use As A Guide For The Forums Below

Post Number:#1  Postby Scott » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:20 pm

Please post Businesses, Organizations or Govt. Buildings that have posted their property in our Posted Businesses, Organizations Or Govt. Buildings List which can be found here

Posted Businesses, Organizations Or Govt. Buildings List

We will then add The Business, Organization or Govt. Building to our Wisconsin Carry Infringed Map which can be found here

Wisconsin Carry Infringed Map

ALL POSTS WILL BE REVIEWED BY A MODERATOR BEFORE APPROVAL

The requirements for post approval are;

The business or organization's NAME.

The business or organization's FULL ADDRESS INCLUDING ZIP CODE.

We would like a phone number to verify and notify but this is NOT required.

Also try to get a photo of the sign with your phone and add that to your post if you can.

The forum sections are maintained by our Moderators and JerTech maintains the Wisconsin Carry Infringed Map. If you need to know that a restaurant, bank or any other business or organization is posted, simply use the Search Function to find out.

This is a exceptional tool for our members, but it is only as good as we make it. We need your help in making these tools the most accurate listing in Wisconsin!

I know many of you are seeing places that post. We really need your help to inform our members and the public about these businesses, organizations and govt. buildings.

If you need help with anything here please contact a Moderator or me.

Thank you for all your help,
Scott
“Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can.” Samuel Adams
Scott
Developer
Developer

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: Posted Businesses- Our Map And Forum

Post Number:#2  Postby JerTech » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:36 pm

For those of you with smartphones, the Wisconsin Carry Infringed map can be accessed with an app that is capable of using Google Maps. Android's default "Maps" app can do this, for example.

I'd also like to point out that Mr1911 is another collaborator (moderator) for the map. He's quick too; usually has new locations added before I even see them here.

Thanks to all for your contributions!
Hominem unius libri timeo.
Wisconsin Carry Infringed - An interactive map of Wisconsin's posted locations.
The Second Amendment: Clarity - A treatise on what our right really is.
JerTech
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Number:#3  Postby john_bud » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:06 am

How do we "report offenders" to you for inclusion on the map?

Both the hospitals in Eau Claire (Luther, Sacred Heart) are posted. So are all the medical clinics. So are all the Mega fuel gas stations.
A right disused quickly becomes a privilege reserved for the ruling class.
Random avatar
john_bud
Jedi
Jedi

Post Number:#4  Postby JerTech » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:55 am

Please start a thread for each offender. It will be most helpful if you include the address, a picture, and any details worth mentioning, but it's not necessary. Start the threads in the appropriate subforum (Northwestern, Southeastern, etc...). See the map here for how each "quarter" of Wisconsin is divided.

I apologize for running behind on updating the Western side of the Google map. Big thanks to those who walk the streets of Madison looking for those who have no respect for our rights. You're on fire! I'll get caught up shortly.
Hominem unius libri timeo.
Wisconsin Carry Infringed - An interactive map of Wisconsin's posted locations.
The Second Amendment: Clarity - A treatise on what our right really is.
JerTech
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Number:#5  Postby Mr1911 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:30 pm

john_bud wrote:How do we "report offenders" to you for inclusion on the map?

Both the hospitals in Eau Claire (Luther, Sacred Heart) are posted. So are all the medical clinics. So are all the Mega fuel gas stations.

JerTech wrote:Please start a thread for each offender. It will be most helpful if you include the address, a picture, and any details worth mentioning, but it's not necessary.

Actually, it was decided awhile back that when a new place is posted, the member MUST include FULL NAME, and FULL ADDRESS. Phone number and photo is optional. Missing FULL NAME and FULL ADDRESS will result in non approval.
M1911 - Proven reliable service for 100 years, and counting...
Senior Moderator

Post Number:#6  Postby john_bud » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:22 am

Mr1911 wrote:
john_bud wrote:How do we "report offenders" to you for inclusion on the map?

JerTech wrote:Please start a thread for each offender. It will be most helpful if you include the address, a picture, and any details worth mentioning, but it's not necessary.

Actually, it was decided awhile back that when a new place is posted, the member MUST include FULL NAME, and FULL ADDRESS. Phone number and photo is optional. Missing FULL NAME and FULL ADDRESS will result in non approval.

Gotcha. I'll grab a small pocket notebook and pen and start a list.
A right disused quickly becomes a privilege reserved for the ruling class.
Random avatar
john_bud
Jedi
Jedi

Post Number:#7  Postby neighty » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:01 am

Hey Scott.
In Appleton, I have two for you.
Applebees, 3730 W College Ave, Appleton, 54904.
920-994-8060
Building is posted with a white sign, red crossed circle around a gun at entrance.Very clearly posted

Also in Appleton, the Fox River Mall.
4301 W Wisconsin Ave, Appleton, 54904
920-739-8210
Interestingly, I saw a tiny sign, on the furthest left door, at the entrance from the west parking lot, to cafe court. I wouldn't have noticed it, except I specifically looked for one. I have not been around the other entrances to look ( there are MANY ) but I will next time I go. The sign is plain, with only the words " All weapons are pohibited on these premises".
Scheels Sports is attached to the mall, and I asked a friend of mine who has worked there in the gun dept for some time if the policy is blanket for all businesses, or not, since Scheels entrance is not posted.
He informed me you are good to carry there ( Scheels ), but don't enter the mall from Scheels.
I have pictures of both on my phone if you would like me to text, or e mail them to you, just say the word.
neighty
neighty
Range Master
Range Master

Post Number:#8  Postby neighty » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:49 pm

I forwarded this to the appropriate page, sorry I posted it here.
neighty
neighty
Range Master
Range Master

Post Number:#9  Postby Laz » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:19 am

Map Question:

Will, or does, a local PD station have a listing of business' that have posted?

I'd suggest that, if they do, that is (or should be) available via a FIOA request. If this is something that local PD's and / or Sheriff's Dept. will have, I can post or forward to someone the FIOA request papers we use while retrieving stories at Gov. agencies. There is nothing required to be able to use one of these, but if there are any roadblocks that are tossed out to try to impede someone's request, I can provide an option for that also.

Laz
If it moves Shoot It! (Hoping you know me and how that applies) :)

There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that, or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.
Lt. Col. (ret.) Dave Grossman
Laz
Plinker
Plinker

Post Number:#10  Postby Mr1911 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:45 pm

Laz wrote:Map Question:

Laz

I personally don't think so, but....

Its possible that some LE agencies might have a list, and if so maybe just for themselves... it is certainly not a requirement for them. To Keep such a list requires someone(like one of their own) to obtain the information and keep it up to date. Some departments are already stretched on their budgets and adding extra activities like this could require more resources than what may be available.

On the other hand, there are some "Chiefs" and "Sheriffs" who are not CC friendly and might offer a list like this, regardless. So I guess it could depend on the which department you speak of.
M1911 - Proven reliable service for 100 years, and counting...
Senior Moderator

Post Number:#11  Postby BadgerRider » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:56 pm

One of the earliest businesses to post was the Piggly Wiggly in Sussex (picture is shown in appropriate forum). I drive past this store every work day and look to confirm that the posting, and it's prohibiting signage was still in place. This was by far my very favorite grocery store in the area, but since I talked with management there about their policy, I switched to Pick n Save, which was not posted.

Over the past couple of weeks, from the road, the signage seemed to have been removed, or at least moved. I finally stopped in yesterday to take a look. I inspected every entrance, on the door and the windows around it. I could find no signage banning weapons. I went inside with the idea of talking with management to verify their apparent change of policy. The place was packed and quite chaotic, so I decided to leave the verification to the days after Christmas when a manager would likely have more time to talk.

At this point, I am not ready to request their removal from our carry infringed list, but I am quite hopeful that such a request is iminent. What a wonderful present that would be.
"I have understood well that the duty of self-preservation rests solely with the American people."
Abraham Lincoln--January 19, 1863 Letter to the Workingmen of England
Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles.
Abraham Lincoln--August 27, 1856 Speech at Kalamazoo, Michigan
BadgerRider
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post Number:#12  Postby Dylanthecat » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:02 pm

That would be good news! Our Pig in West Bend is not posted.
-----------
In simple cases, presenting one obvious right way versus one obvious wrong way, it is often wiser to choose the wrong way so as to expedite subsequent revision.
-Fyfe's First Law of Revision - Corollary I
Dylanthecat
Jedi
Jedi

Post Number:#13  Postby Laz » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:29 am

Mr1911 wrote:
Laz wrote:Map Question:

Laz

I personally don't think so, but....

Its possible that some LE agencies might have a list, and if so maybe just for themselves... it is certainly not a requirement for them. To Keep such a list requires someone(like one of their own) to obtain the information and keep it up to date. Some departments are already stretched on their budgets and adding extra activities like this could require more resources than what may be available.

On the other hand, there are some "Chiefs" and "Sheriffs" who are not CC friendly and might offer a list like this, regardless. So I guess it could depend on the which department you speak of.

I'm wondering if this would be a good first step to getting something on the books locally that would be a great advantage to travelers? A local ordinance stating that all "forbidding" organizations would have to post to a "publishing" branch of Government. Now far be it from me to back any more Gov. involvement with our personal lives, but ... I can hear all of the "I didn't know the gun was... " defense arguments creeping up to the surface if / when someone were to be stopped over a violation of a do not carry / possess posting.

It would be easy enough to either post to a local police, or town/village/city/county clerk's office when you post a do not carry notice. A simple public press release along with the notice going to the clerks' office for posting. Hell, counties are supposed to post all public meetings, and this would not be any huge burden on them to pass through the notice for the public. After all, isn't it supposed to be "Serve" and "protect?"

Just a thought
LAZ
If it moves Shoot It! (Hoping you know me and how that applies) :)

There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that, or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.
Lt. Col. (ret.) Dave Grossman
Laz
Plinker
Plinker

Post Number:#14  Postby Dylanthecat » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:04 pm

I support the right of an individual to restrict guns on their property and I don't think they should have to "register" their posting or do more than post correct signage or just tell me.
-----------
In simple cases, presenting one obvious right way versus one obvious wrong way, it is often wiser to choose the wrong way so as to expedite subsequent revision.
-Fyfe's First Law of Revision - Corollary I
Dylanthecat
Jedi
Jedi

Post Number:#15  Postby ksks » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:41 pm

Yeah, I agree with Dylan. I don't thing I should have to get permission from the govt to get anyone off my property. The fewer incursion by govt, and attempts to regulate my property, the better.
Consideration of limiting the power of the state, in favor of individual liberty, should be at the core of every law.
Random avatar
ksks
Jedi
Jedi

Return to Our Map