NRA Expo

Discuss General Issues

NRA Expo

Post Number:#1  Postby nighthawk » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:26 pm

Is anyone planning on going to the NRA Expo this weekend in Milwaukee? I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday.
“I think it’s fair to say that the city government is doing everything we can do mitigate the impact of the new law by adopting various ordinances restricting concealed carry to the greatest possible extent that we can" - Madison Alderman Mike Verveer
nighthawk
Range Master
Range Master

NRA Expo

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: NRA Expo

Post Number:#2  Postby joepilot » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:03 pm

I'm planning on checking it out tomorrow (Saturday) for a bit. Hopefully it will be interesting and informative!
Cheers!
Joe
NRA Benefactor Member
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
joepilot
Plinker
Plinker

Post Number:#3  Postby Tomahawk » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:41 pm

For those of us who can't go, anything interesting?
There's isn't enough crime to warrant a person owning/carrying a firearm, but there is so much "gun crime" that we need to enact strict gun control. Which is it? Is there a lot of violent crime or isn't there? If there is, that seems like a good reason to need a gun for protection, if there isn't, they why do we need to ban firearms?
Tomahawk
Range Master
Range Master

Post Number:#4  Postby nighthawk » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:03 pm

I thought it was interesting and definitely worth it. The whole idea was for them to hawk their Carry Guard insurance product, of course, but the sales pitch was easy to ignore. There were lots of good booths for vendors (everything from holster companies, to first aid kit vendors, to the main manufacturers like Ruger, Glock, etc.). The sessions I went to were really good. There were "celebrities" like John Lott, David Grossman, Colion Noir, etc. I learned a lot and enjoyed it.

Here's a picture of some protesters on Saturday (including one in a orange Demanding Moms for Nonsense/Everytown shirt). NRA conference attendees: thousands. Protesters: ~10!

20170826_143005.jpg
“I think it’s fair to say that the city government is doing everything we can do mitigate the impact of the new law by adopting various ordinances restricting concealed carry to the greatest possible extent that we can" - Madison Alderman Mike Verveer
nighthawk
Range Master
Range Master

Return to General Discussion