I guess I won't disclose when stopped by police

Discuss General Issues

Post Number:#1  Postby ksks » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:45 am

I'd always planned to disclose that I have a CCL when stopped.

Last year I hit a deer in WI and was stopped on the highway waiting on a tow. A local cop came by. Very helpful. I had one on my hip. It was winter and I had my coat on. It just seemed like it was unnecessary and would have added a layer of inconvenience. He offered I could sit in his car to keep warm. That felt too weird so I declined.

Last week I was stopped in another State. No notification required. I had one in the holster in the cab, not on me. I didn't disclose. He asked me to come back to his car. I never said anything.

Kinda surprised myself. Always assumed I would tell. Seems less convoluted to keep it quite. A potential problem easily avoided.

ksks
Consideration of limiting the power of the state, in favor of individual liberty, should be at the core of every law.
Random avatar
ksks
Jedi
Jedi

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: I guess I won't disclose when stopped by police

Post Number:#2  Postby asa98j » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:31 pm

Nearly 1 1/2 years ago I had a flat tire on I-90 just south of Janesville. Luckily my wife was coming home fro work the same route and pulled up behind me with here headlights so I could see.I was under my truck cursing at the way Ford designed the spare tire system when I could the Rock County deputy turn on his emergency lights. So I was faced with a minor dilemma......tell or don't tell. I had about 5 seconds to decide. I opted to tell because I had crawled out from under my truck to talk to him and there was NO doubt that when I went back to get the spare off he was going to see my .357. So I told him' he said "ok"(didn't ask to see my license) and stood in the mud and held the flashlight so I could see the lugs. I finished, stood up and thanked him and asked him if we were good. He said yes and we drove away.
Speak softly and carry a 1911
GOA
NRA
WCI
III
Wisconsin Oathkeepers
Random avatar
asa98j
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Return to General Discussion