Switch to full style
Discuss Handguns
Post a reply

Re: Picked Up a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Well, I put 150 rounds through it today without any problems at all. I shot some of my reloads and factory FMJ's and JHP's. I was shooting at the 45 foot line but I was quite impressed with the accuracy and lack of recoil.

Picked Up a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:21 pm

Sweet! The only gripe I have is the cost of mags. Msrp is $40 and most places are close to that on price. Cheaper than dirt, sells them for about $35 ea. that is the lowest I've found. Compared to a 92/M9, those mags are $15 ea..+4 mags for me, $145..ouch!

Re: Picked Up a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:59 pm

QuackStacker wrote:Sweet! The only gripe I have is the cost of mags. Msrp is $40 and most places are close to that on price. Cheaper than dirt, sells them for about $35 ea. that is the lowest I've found. Compared to a 92/M9, those mags are $15 ea..+4 mags for me, $145..ouch!


I picked up a 20 round mag from Brownells for $27 shipped. Gearhog had a $40 gift cert for Brownells for $20. I sure wouldn't want to pay full price for mags. I wish they would use the M9 mags. That would make things easier for everyone.

Re: Picked Up a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:05 pm

Just for fun I emailed Mecgar to ask if they will be making mags for the PX4. I'll let you know their reply.
Last edited by ksks on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Picked Up a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:38 pm

QuackStacker wrote:Sweet! The only gripe I have is the cost of mags. Msrp is $40 and most places are close to that on price. Cheaper than dirt, sells them for about $35 ea. that is the lowest I've found. Compared to a 92/M9, those mags are $15 ea..+4 mags for me, $145..ouch!


I know the feeling... H und K is the same way when it comes to mags and everything else for that matter...

Re: Picked Up a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:07 pm

In the past for my Beretta 96 I've used MDS magazines. Checked CDNN and saw they've got the 15-round MDS magazines for the PX4 for $25 each
PX4 15-round 9mm MDS mags

Re: Picked Up a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:38 am

C-Dubs wrote:In the past for my Beretta 96 I've used MDS magazines. Checked CDNN and saw they've got the 15-round MDS magazines for the PX4 for $25 each
PX4 15-round 9mm MDS mags


MDS is an Italian subsidiary of Beretta - so in a round about way I suppose it would still be a factory mag - just from the wrong side of the pond. Good deal on them, regardless.

Re: Picked Up a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:28 pm

Congrats on the the PX4 Storm, I absolutely love mine in .40.

I bet shooting one in 9mm is like shooting a 22lr!

Re: Picked Up a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:44 pm

Stormin40 wrote:Congrats on the the PX4 Storm, I absolutely love mine in .40.

I bet shooting one in 9mm is like shooting a 22lr!


Absolutely. The recoil is almost non existent. She shoots like a dream.

Re: Picked Up a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:49 pm

Thread of old, arise from thy grave!

Anyone have one of the new Px4 Compact Carry models (the "Ernest Langdon special")?
Post a reply