Video released

Discuss Concealed Carry

Video released

Post Number:#1  Postby TWW » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:50 am

It never happens to anyone – until it does.
TWW
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Video released

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: Video released

Post Number:#2  Postby Arney » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:33 am

Undoubtedly following instructions is most critical. Keeping hands in view and on steering wheel etc. I would go so far as to request the officer let me leave the vehicle to have clear view and take charge of all my items on person.
Random avatar
Arney
Range Master
Range Master

Post Number:#3  Postby TWW » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:06 pm

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/t ... raining%29

It’s sad, but it’s probably safest for the armed citizen to assume that the cop will be poorly trained and might get scared at your notification. Do everything possible to keep things calm and avoid making any potentially threatening motions or statements. There’s no guarantee that this will keep you safe, but it’s the best advice I can provide.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
It never happens to anyone – until it does.
TWW
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#4  Postby EDIII » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:57 pm

Minnesota law has no requirement to voluntarily offer any information about being armed, or possessing a permit.
Every instructor I know, and all the LEOs with whom I have discussed this - before and after the shooting, advise against voluntarily informing, or initiating any conversation during a traffic stop.
If the officer wants information, he will ask for it. Interrupting him will only add stress to the situation.
The exception would be if you were to be discovered carrying (asked to step out of the car) - then, with your hands on the wheel, state first you have carry permit, and are armed, and sit calmly waiting for further instruction
Let the cop maintain control of events.

If, for whatever reason the cop, or you as a driver are confused, or panicking, sit calmly with your hands on the wheel at 10 and 2 until both parties are in control of themselves.

The Yanez/ Castile tragedy was the crossing of paths of a guy who shouldn't have been a cop, with a guy who should not have been driving. Castile's behavior, and decision making cost him his life.
EDIII
Plinker
Plinker

Return to Concealed Carry