Out of State CCW for IL?

Discuss Concealed Carry

Out of State CCW for IL?

Post Number:#1  Postby War Mullet » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:44 pm

Oye mates,

I swear I had read that IL has out of state permits. I have visited the IL DOJ site and registered and began the permit process only to get hung up. I don't see an option for out of state persons. Any info on the subject is greatly appreciated.

(I drive through IL a lot and I don't appreciate having to do so unarmed)
"Accuracy through volume" ~Former SAW Gunner
"Still upright and breathing, I must be doing something wrong..." ~ My response to the EOD Group SMG when asked how my day was~
War Mullet

Out of State CCW for IL?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: Out of State CCW for IL?

Post Number:#2  Postby newXDm » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:57 am

Check the info on the IL State Police web site.

Last I saw you can pass through IL without disarming as long as you don't leave your vehicle. If you exit your vehicle the weapon must be locked up inside the vehicle.

That works for me, I just don't stop inside the state lines.
Random avatar
newXDm
Plinker
Plinker

Re: Out of State CCW for IL?

Post Number:#3  Postby War Mullet » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:06 pm

Yeah, I had read that too. In the car I don't imagine a problem would occur, it's when I have to stop for fuel, food or bathroom break that is disconcerting.

Regardless, I finally found a blurb about which states are able to get OoS permits and their neighbor to the north is not one of them. I cannot for the love of me find the PDF again to grab text from, but it more or less stated that IL would only permit people from states that have similar gun laws and permit standards as IL. I remember Alaska and Vermont being on the list of five.

So just in case someone else wants to know.
"Accuracy through volume" ~Former SAW Gunner
"Still upright and breathing, I must be doing something wrong..." ~ My response to the EOD Group SMG when asked how my day was~
War Mullet

Return to Concealed Carry