Lost weight had to move position of where I carry?

Discuss Concealed Carry

Post Number:#1  Postby PolarisRider » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:00 pm

Hello, I have recently lost around 25 pounds however I am now finding that I have to change more than just my clothes. I have been pocket carrying lately which hasn't been an issue but I would like to carry something larger again. I have a Sig p320 compact that I have always worn IWB right around the 3 o'clock position. Now that my love handles are smaller I find that I am printing much more. I decided to try to carry around the 4:30 position. I noticed with that if I bend down to pick something up my gun really shows. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Random avatar
PolarisRider
Plinker
Plinker

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: Lost weight had to move position of where I carry?

Post Number:#2  Postby ksks » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:19 pm

Carry is always uncomfortable to some extent. I would go with what make you the most comfortable, that way you will carry more often.

For me, printing is generally irrelevant. There are places I need complete concealment, but otherwise, I don't think it is a big deal.

Rarely is printing noticed. Its not illegal. Carry the way you like it the best.
Consideration of limiting the power of the state, in favor of individual liberty, should be at the core of every law.
Random avatar
ksks
Jedi
Jedi

Post Number:#3  Postby Cheap Shot » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:07 pm

I was just thinking about losing 25 lbs, but I guess I'd better re-think that plan. :lol:

Have you tried sticking an sc grip on your P320? The grip handle is what prints the most when I use the compact grip. I usually don't care about printing, so I usually carry the compact grip.
Cheap Shot
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#4  Postby PolarisRider » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:14 pm

Cheap shot do you own a p320? And if so do you still have to stock sights on it or have you upgraded?

Random avatar
PolarisRider
Plinker
Plinker

Post Number:#5  Postby SidecarMike » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:36 pm

PolarisRider wrote:Hello, I have recently lost around 25 pounds however I am now finding that I have to change more than just my clothes. I have been pocket carrying lately which hasn't been an issue but I would like to carry something larger again. I have a Sig p320 compact that I have always worn IWB right around the 3 o'clock position. Now that my love handles are smaller I find that I am printing much more. I decided to try to carry around the 4:30 position. I noticed with that if I bend down to pick something up my gun really shows. Anyone have any suggestions?

PIZZA!!! :lol:
Bad men excuse their faults. Good men abandon them.
Mike
SidecarMike
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Number:#6  Postby Cheap Shot » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:12 pm

PolarisRider wrote:Cheap shot do you own a p320? And if so do you still have to stock sights on it or have you upgraded?

Nope. P250s. Same grips and sizes though.
Cheap Shot
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#7  Postby Stragent » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:16 am

PolarisRider wrote:Hello, I have recently lost around 25 pounds however I am now finding that I have to change more than just my clothes. I have been pocket carrying lately which hasn't been an issue but I would like to carry something larger again. I have a Sig p320 compact that I have always worn IWB right around the 3 o'clock position. Now that my love handles are smaller I find that I am printing much more. I decided to try to carry around the 4:30 position. I noticed with that if I bend down to pick something up my gun really shows. Anyone have any suggestions?

PolarisRider If you want to reduce your weight its healthy for your health but if you wear tight clothes your carry always shows up in 3 o'clock position or 4:30 position you have to wear some lose clothes to take carry with you. If you need and help watch this . Link
Random avatar
Stragent

Post Number:#8  Postby joepilot » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:45 am

I wouldn't worry about the printing too much. Most people really wouldn't know what they're looking at even if they do notice. Fact is, most people are oblivious to the world beyond their smartphone. Do what's comfortable for you and don't wear tight clothes and you'll be fine.
Cheers!
Joe
NRA Benefactor Member
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
joepilot
Plinker
Plinker

Return to Concealed Carry