Now using a Galco King Tuk...

Discuss Concealed Carry

Post Number:#1  Postby GSMetal » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:09 am

Decided that my Vedder Rapid Tuck was a little too weighty so I thought I would give the Galco King Tuk a whirl. I'm hoping that with the 2 clip system the weight of the entire piece is evenly distributed and more comfortable.

I'll keep you posted...
Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
- W. C. Fields
Random avatar
GSMetal
Plinker
Plinker

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: Now using a Galco King Tuk...

Post Number:#2  Postby SidecarMike » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:42 pm

I hope it holds up better for you. I bought one and the leather backing started to separate on me withing ten days. Fortunately I bought it locally, at Fleet/Farm, and was able to return it. The top edge of the leather separated and started to curl in opposite directions.
Bad men excuse their faults. Good men abandon them.
Mike
SidecarMike
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Number:#3  Postby tuck » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:46 pm

A buddy of mine had issues with the leather on his king tuk also. His ended up cracking, making the holster super uncomfortable.
Co-Owner/Instructor Brown Bear Tactical LLC
tuck
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post Number:#4  Postby grouchyoldcripple » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:33 pm

I'm sorry. I like some Galco products, but that is just TOO BIG for an IWB rig. I have precisely one IWB holster that I like and use.

http://www.mitchrosen.com/products/hols ... -holsters/

I use the ARG. Simple, comfortable, and light. Holds the gun securely. Matching mag carrier on the off-side. Yes, Mitch Rosen holsters are expensive. You get what you pay for.

Stay safe.
Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage.
grouchyoldcripple
Range Master
Range Master

Post Number:#5  Postby SidecarMike » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:07 am

grouchyoldcripple wrote:I'm sorry. I like some Galco products, but that is just TOO BIG for an IWB rig. I have precisely one IWB holster that I like and use.

I use the ARG. Simple, comfortable, and light. Holds the gun securely. Matching mag carrier on the off-side. Yes, Mitch Rosen holsters are expensive. You get what you pay for.

Stay safe.

I've abandoned the hybrid kydex/leather holsters. I agree that they are too big. I bought a Tagua for my XD sub and discovered everything from the 1911 down to a PF9, all fit it snugly. I haven't used a Kydex holster since I bought this one. http://taguagunleather.com/new/dsh-dual ... olster-p65
Mike
SidecarMike
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Number:#6  Postby GSMetal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:53 am

Well I took the King Tuk back. I didn't feel it was any more comfortable than my Vedder Rapid Tuck so back she went. I will say that it's well made but it is also a very big boy.

I did order a Remora Tuckable last night which is a completely different type of set up so we'll see how that goes. I'll keep you posted!
Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
- W. C. Fields
Random avatar
GSMetal
Plinker
Plinker

Post Number:#7  Postby ksks » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:24 pm

Do you have an IWB (In Waist Band)?
Consideration of limiting the power of the state, in favor of individual liberty, should be at the core of every law.
Random avatar
ksks
Jedi
Jedi

Post Number:#8  Postby nddons » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:12 am

SidecarMike wrote:
grouchyoldcripple wrote:I'm sorry. I like some Galco products, but that is just TOO BIG for an IWB rig. I have precisely one IWB holster that I like and use.

Stay safe.

I've abandoned the hybrid kydex/leather holsters. I agree that they are too big. I bought a Tagua for my XD sub and discovered everything from the 1911 down to a PF9, all fit it snugly. I haven't used a Kydex holster since I bought this one. http://taguagunleather.com/new/dsh-dual ... olster-p65

I looked into Tagua, but I don't like the hard plastic paddles. I just ordered a Kramer Leather horsehide paddle holster for my G-27, and they will open up the bottom a little for me so it will also hold a G-23 or G-19.

It's pricy, but hard to find a comfortable leather paddle any more. http://kramerleather.com/products.cfm?categoryID=25
Random avatar
nddons
Plinker
Plinker

Post Number:#9  Postby 1911_Kimber » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:56 am

Funny, I bought one, wore it a couple of times, I did not like it. It has its own space in the infamous drawer!
"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns.
Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.
"

-James Earl Jones
1911_Kimber
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#10  Postby blacksheep40 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:44 pm

I have been using comp-tac holsters forever. I love the spartan iwb but would also recommend the mtac for a little more comfort.
Random avatar
blacksheep40
Plinker
Plinker

Post Number:#11  Postby guncheese » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:13 pm

SidecarMike wrote:I hope it holds up better for you. I bought one and the leather backing started to separate on me withing ten days.

im sure that was the high speed and constant vibration
caused by that new Ural with the side car that you bought after i shared that pic with you

well I hope so any way
guncheese
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#12  Postby SidecarMike » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:04 pm

guncheese wrote:
SidecarMike wrote:I hope it holds up better for you. I bought one and the leather backing started to separate on me withing ten days.

im sure that was the high speed and constant vibration
caused by that new Ural with the side car that you bought after i shared that pic with you

well I hope so any way

No, that was long ago. Still wearing the Tagua DSH that I bought to replace the Galco.

As far as the Ural is concerned, I'm waiting for you to offer the purchase loan. I can pay you back $5 a week, forever. :-D

Seriously, Barb is about to start the one year countdown to retirement. We just purchased an old motorhome, with hopes of some traveling come Sept. of 2016.
Attachments
20150712_175755.jpg
Mike
SidecarMike
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Concealed Carry