Are you seeing many signs?

Discuss Concealed Carry

Post Number:#1  Postby ksks » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Granted I don't get around much but...

I really don't see many posted signs in Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties.

I don't think there has been the massive posting effort some expected.

Do you see many 6 months into ccw?

Wondering if there are fewer now?
Last edited by ksks on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Consideration of limiting the power of the state, in favor of individual liberty, should be at the core of every law.
Random avatar
ksks
Jedi
Jedi

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: Are you seeing many sighs?

Post Number:#2  Postby AaronS » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:28 pm

So far (I am still looking) every car dealer in metro Milwaukee I have gone to is posted.
I now have to do all my own work... The job gets done better I guess...
AaronS
Sniper
Sniper

Re: Are you seeing many signs?

Post Number:#3  Postby Johannes » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:32 am

Ive checked for dealerships too. I still need to check Palmen of Kenosha, they have a positive rating on Friend or Foe, then again so did Arrow, but forget about them. I told my dealer I refuse to have them do my reg oil changes and I will only return for required warranty maintenance checkups.

Dealers won't let you protect yourself and it appears that they frown on customers using their employees as shields. However, they claim it's for everyones safety and the police are an integral part of their "emergency protection plan", yet the policy makes them targets; I feel safer already. If anyone knows of a Hyundai dealership that is not posted let me know. I am also looking of a dealership so I can purchase a new car for my wife within the next year, I don't care what who the manufacturer is just that they allow the individual to exercise their right to personal protection.
Johannes

Bill of Rights - Void where prohibited by Law
Johannes
Sniper
Sniper

Post Number:#4  Postby litman252 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:24 am

Sommers in Mequon, don't think I spelled the name or town right :(
GMC & pontiac & subaru.
Random avatar
litman252
Range Master
Range Master

Post Number:#5  Postby john_bud » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:47 am

I went to 6 places in the past 2 days and saw 5 signs on 5/6 doors I had to open.
A right disused quickly becomes a privilege reserved for the ruling class.
Random avatar
john_bud
Jedi
Jedi

Post Number:#6  Postby Mr1911 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Around here, (Mequon, Cedarburg, Grafton area) I would have to say there are fewer posted businesses now then back on Nov 1st.

I think many businesses went into a state of panic last June. Around my neighborhood, right after the law passed, (the Governors ink wasn't even dry yet) a number of businesses posted signs. After seeing what direction they were taking, I sent them letters. 5 contacted me and over the course of then next couple months I met with each of them. I'd like to think that my efforts paid off - 5 business owners eventually changed their minds.

litman252 wrote:Sommers in Mequon, don't think I spelled the name or town right :(
GMC & pontiac & subaru.

You got the spelling right, but did you pronounce it right? (MEK-WON) :-D

What a coincidence, we do business with Sommers (purchase parts). They are on West side of Mequon. I don't get over that way too often, so I'm not sure how many businesses are still posted over there, I doubt many.

My business is on the East side of Mequon, and over here there are only a couple places remaining today that are still posted, at least that I've noticed. But for the record, there was never really a big surge of "posted" businesses in this area, I expected more...
M1911 - Proven reliable service for 100 years, and counting...
Senior Moderator

Post Number:#7  Postby ksks » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Thanks for being active like that, Mr1911.
Consideration of limiting the power of the state, in favor of individual liberty, should be at the core of every law.
Random avatar
ksks
Jedi
Jedi

Post Number:#8  Postby Arney » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:07 am

This posted list is much longer than before but personally I must be going to the right places...and do not seem impacted or inconvienced by additional posted businesses. :clap:
Random avatar
Arney
Range Master
Range Master

Post Number:#9  Postby upnorth » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:34 am

My FORMER church is posted. I started looking to see if other churches in the area are posted, I have found only one other. Other than the two churches, I haven't seen any places posted.
An optimist, is someone that doesn't know all the facts!
upnorth
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post Number:#10  Postby Mr1911 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:44 pm

We have a new business moving in across the street from my shop. The owners came in earlier this week to introduce themselves. As we were talking, one of them was looking around and asked about not seeing a "no weapons" sign. They also made a comment about not seeing any in the area. I looked at them and said; "This business will not deny any law-abiding citizen the right to protect themselves against those with the intent of causing harm to other's, while inside these walls".

The initial reaction I got was the look of confusion. After speaking with them a bit more I discovered these two individuals had NO idea about "immunity from liability", which I briefly explained. It seemed like an eyeopener to them.

I provided them some documentation on Act 35(what I had laying around) and told them that if they wanted I would be willing to provide whatever knowledge and information I had on the subject. They seemed pleased with the talk, and we shook hands. We'll see in a few weeks when they open their doors whether or not they post.
M1911 - Proven reliable service for 100 years, and counting...
Senior Moderator

Post Number:#11  Postby 1911_Kimber » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:39 pm

I just saw a new sign up at the parking lot entrance of the Aurora Mdedical Center in Kenosha, WI... It boggles me how people think that criminals will obey those signs, the only people obeying those signs are the ones that could make a difference if a derranged person was to come in and start a rampage! :banghead: I guess Aurora Health Care is now a place were criminals can come in and encounter no resistence!
"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns.
Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.
"

-James Earl Jones
1911_Kimber
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#12  Postby chammerbeck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Anyone know of a good, general practice doctor in the Milwaukee/Waukesha county area that is NOT posted???
chammerbeck
Plinker
Plinker

Post Number:#13  Postby S&WFAN » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:21 am

I work in health care - you'll be hard pressed to find a hospital/clinic from any of the major players in WI that isn't posted. There was a meeting of the minds when all this started, and it was determined to not follow the core values of the organizations.

It could be difficult finding a GP that's in network but not tied to a posted office.
Random avatar
S&WFAN
Range Master
Range Master

Post Number:#14  Postby Dylanthecat » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:25 am

Jackson clinic is not posted.
-----------
In simple cases, presenting one obvious right way versus one obvious wrong way, it is often wiser to choose the wrong way so as to expedite subsequent revision.
-Fyfe's First Law of Revision - Corollary I
Dylanthecat
Jedi
Jedi

Post Number:#15  Postby bandrich » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:42 am

I only know of one place in the Waterford area that is posted. Community Bank across from McDonalds. Every where I go or need to go except for my Dr. in Brookfield is NOT posted. No prob for me at all.
BA
Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP, etc.
bandrich
Plinker
Plinker

Next

Return to Concealed Carry