The Logic of Violence: Think Like A Criminal

Discuss Training Reference Material

Post Number:#1  Postby TWW » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:42 am

Reviewed by Gila Hayes

This month, we review a program on DVD by Rory Miller, an author we’ve discussed in this column before. Although Miller’s lecture The Logic of Violence is formatted as instructor development, it contains many valuable insights anyone can use to increase personal safety. Besides, aren’t we are all teachers? Caring about others means encouraging them to exercise caution, alerting them to dangers and often introducing them to self-defense techniques. What if the defense methods we always thought worked actually prevent only a small percentage of crimes?

link to read the entire review: http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/our-journal/299-november-2013?start=12

comment: Gila Hayes did a review I was going to do for this forum and did it better except for not mentioning much about Miller's soapbox (sounds like one to me) about self defense training in the martial arts and many students being out of touch of the reality of actual violence. My soapbox is the same problem exists for people who carry (me included).
It never happens to anyone – until it does.
TWW
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Advertisement

Advertisement

Return to Training Reference Material